Massively @ jokaydia is a designed to provide a playful learning environment for kids aged 4 – 16yrs and their parents. Our aim is to support the development of creative skills and digital literacy in a safe, engaging environment. We encourage parents to join their children in playing and learning within our community.
Learning in the Mines
Massively @ jokaydia’s Awards System is designed to enable the following knowledge, skills and attitudes among our players:
- Writing – communicating thoughts and ideas in written form clearly and concisely.
- Speaking – communicating thoughts and ideas to others clearly, concisely and with confidence.
- Information-Literacy – Finding, consuming, and comprehending information and identifying what’s most important in the face of a problem or challenge.
- Decision-Making – Identifying critical issues, prioritizing, avoiding common errors and handling ambiguity.
- Numeracy – Using concepts from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus and statistics to analyze and solve common problems.
- Rapport – Interacting with other people in ways that encourages them to like, trust and respect you.
- Conflict-Resolution – Anticipating potential sources of conflict and developing resolutions to disagreements when they occur.
- Planning – Identifying the necessary next steps to achieve an objective, preparing for the unknown and coping with change.
- Self-Awareness – how to accurately perceive and influence your own internal states and emotions, including effective management of limited energy, willpower and focus.
- Skill Acquisition – how to go about learning a desired skill in a way that results in competence by finding and utilizing available resources, deconstructing complex processes and actively experimenting with potential solutions.
Teachers Please Note:
Although we are exploring educational uses of Minecraft, Massively @ jokaydia IS NOT a for-schools project, and has a focus on informal learning for kids and their parents. For this reason we are unable to accomodate class groups in the guild at this time.
If you are interested in setting up a server for your students, check out the jokaydia Minecrafts website, or feel free to contact the Massively @ jokaydia team for information on the dedicated for-school options we currently support. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.